View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 06:47 PM
thor2j
Banned

Joined APC: May 2010

Originally Posted by cactusdog16 View Post
Thor:

With all due respect, you need to understand what UAL is bringing to the table (again, twice as many WBs as CAL and a huge international presence) and admit to yourself that the UAL pilots do have significant career expectations. Just because CAL's current upgrade time is shorter than UAL's does not mean that the career expectation of a UAL pilot is "nada," or even that "CAL's is 10x UAL's." That is simply ridiculous.

Aren't you salivating just a little at the prospect of your airline's widebody fleet tripling in size?? C'mon, you can admit it! Better pay! More days off! Who wouldn't like that? And now you want to jump ahead of all those United pilots who have been waiting in line for the higher paying, better quality-of-life equipment?

Straight relative seniority would place you closer to the higher-paying, better QOL equipment than you have ever been. It would place me further away than I have ever been since being a new-hire well over a decade ago. How would that be fair? If the fleet types of our two companies were more closely aligned, I would say straight relative seniority would be a go. But they're not. And it's not.
With all do respect UAL brings pretty much nothing to the table. Crying, not salivating. Not one pilot at CAL wanted everything to do with this disaster (ok, maybe one). You may bring many more wide bodies, but you bring a huge anchor. Your upgrade times are more then double ours. That far outweighs your "heavy" flying. You must understand, a 2005 hire is 40% 75/76. We have different classifications then you. Our 738 and 739 pays the same as 75.

Why do you think it is fair that a CAL pilot a 50% on the F/O list holding holding 16-18 days off a month with 76 flying should now be behind your reserve guys?

I agree, relative seniority is not fair. We should, and hopefully get, career expectations plus relative seniority. I believe along with 4700 others that we have a very good case along with past precedents.

We shall see how it shall pan out. Nobody will be happy, but if you look at history relative seniority is everything, sorry. Currently 50%, stay 50%. Strange you can argue that.