View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 08:27 PM
A320fumes
Ben Salley

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Left

Originally Posted by cactus 16 View Post
Current pay does not matter when we will be negotiating a JCBA.

Do you think the quality-of-life is better on UAL's whales or CAL's 737s? Or doesn't that matter to you?

My current career expectation is to be a 777/787/747 Captain in 10-15 years, with a darn good QOL. My expectation is NOT to be a 737 driver until age 65. It is my hope that the SLI does not adversely affect that expectation too severely.
I don't mean to offend Dog. But IMHO, expectation doesn't hold much water in a UAL/CAL fight. I expected to be an A-330 CA at USAir by now when I left the USAF for them in '98. In 15 years, I would like to be a reserve, by choice, 757/A-320 CA who flies once every 90 days. Career expectations are just like derivatives, smoke and mirrors. I was a 737 CA when I got activated this time last year. If I keep my relative Sr, that's what I'll be after the SLI. With regard to the furloughs, been there done that. With regard to career expectations vs a UAL furloughee, I KNOW I can expect 76hrs, reserve, by choice, pay @ $108/ hr, next Thursday at midnight. What can a furloughee expect?

From me a furloughee can expect that I will not fly one second over guarrantee or have 1 minute more than a month's sick time until they are made whole.