Thread: Falcon 7X
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 10:41 AM
NowCorporate
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008

well....I guess you shouldn't buy one? G550's and Globals can go further, and they are several million cheaper than a 7X today.

It will do 5300nm at .85.

As far as apples to apples, not sure what you mean. All I know is that I have flown the same 5500nm trip at the same speed in both a Global and a 7X and the Global burned 10K more lbs of fuel (approx 28.5 vs 38.5) for the same flight time. Thats all I can say. Its smaller, yes..but its very efficient, and does not lack power like a 731 Falcon (900ex etc)

I know nothing of 135 rules, I dont fly 135. If you want a rest area, it has an approved one. You just wont get much galley. The vast majority of 7X's are not going to charter operations, they are going to Part 91 2-3 pax long range operations with a lot of meal service - so people are going with real galleys (chillers etc), from what I have seen

Paris - LA? - whats the issue there? That's less than 5000nm. Doing it today would be 10+45 at .85 - anything under 12hrs is a no-brainer (you may have to go .82) Its getting to 6000nm that's tricky. I think they advertise approx 5900 and IMO thats also iffy. I know people who have done it. I just stop.

I'm not promoting the thing, its just a paycheck and I'm just a pilot.....just relaying some operating experience. I'm sure the flying magazines or the Dassault engineers can give you more accurate information or give you a full picture of their "development time" and wing design.