View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 01:52 PM
jsled
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: 737 CA

[QUOTE=Rocketiii;806919]I was about to type the same thing. The only point that is made in the tirade is that there is nothing we can do about it at this point as individuals regarding the integration. The direction of the companies are made by a few personalities that will come and go over time. We must protect ourselves as no one else will. I believe we should also stand united for our CBA. But the reason for my post was to illustrate that there will be hurt feelings as we are individually protective of our own rights. There is nothing at UAL that I want. Nothing from the uniform to an oil dripping, gas guzzling 747. And I assume no one at UAL wants to fly one of our 737s from IAH to OKC. So the widebody argument vis a vis career expectations isnt as clear as UAL has X% and CAL has X%, just as someone menioned in a fictitious mergere with Evergreen.

I dont want this, but Im just a pilot for hire. But I will be a team player. Just be realistic about the strengths, weakness, etc of our individual airlines and hopefully the arbitrator will see that. It is out of our hands. As a 12 year guy on a 737 that flies from Anchorage to Quito and everywhere in between, I dont feel like getting put next to a 12 year guy at any airline that has less than that. Date of hire, percentage or not. And I believe UAL considers a 757 a widebody (which it isnt), so I guess we could consider all of our 737-900s widebodies also since they hold nearly identical passenger loads. Its a slippery slope when going down the widebody is the end all be all of career expectations.[/QUOTE

Yeah, those "oil drippin gas guzzling" 744s are ancient!! An average of 15 years old!! Some were built in 1999. Not exactly rope starts

JCBA first! Like AXL says...lets kick some a$$