View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 07:11 AM
AxlF16
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: 787 Captain

Originally Posted by Rocketiii View Post
I appreciate the well reasoned and calm reply. May I just say two things? I never hoped for the liquidation of your airline. My comment was that it was something expected after a decade of billion dollar losses, increasing debt, aging fleet, etc. Im sorry you felt it was a wet dream for the pilots at other airlines. That may be the case but certainly not how I felt.

And the most important part: I did not write my initial post to discuss how much better CAL is. I was defending against a previous post by a UAL pilot that suggested their career expectations were better. I may have inferred something in his tone that wasnt accurate. So I too will let the committees do their work and accept their careful and reasoned list. No choice. I look forward to working with all of you and Im sorry if my post had any hint of arrogance. That was not the intent whatsoever.

No sweat

In a way I was kinda piggy backing your post to get some things off my chest. I really hope our pilot groups can rise above the squabbling that is so easy to fall into. The only thing we should be fighting about is who picks up the bar tab on our layovers. "No, I got this one "

I'm not a rube, in fact I'm even more cynical than most about this industry, but I am actually hopeful that we will be able to work together and leverage each others strengths in order to get our profession back on track!

Cheers