View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 01:38 PM
corppilot
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2010

First off..... K-State Salina has good quality 172's both G1000 and steam gauge, bonanzas and barons are getting aged quite quickly. My experience level was increased by flying the KA 90 and the Citation Jet. You will receive a lot of flight time, if you are hired by the school. With that said, every school has its bad apples. Recruiting, Nathan Gorrell needs to learn how to speak properly to recruits and future students. I have heard several horror stories from him putting his foot in his mouth... K-State needs a professional recruiter, enrollment is at 50%. Kurt Barnhart is a great guy and an excellent leader of the aviation department. Bill Gross is hit and miss on checkrides, depends what type of mood he is in. (I'd rather send my current students to someone like Godfrey or Albertson) When I looked at the school Mr. King was quite rude. Rest of the faculty is excellent. For the money its worth it... just have to put up with some distasteful people, but you will anywhere you go. For the money its ok. After graduating several years ago I don't know if I would do it the same way...