View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 07:00 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Sputnik wrote:
You asked for advice, it's pointless to argue when you don't like the advice you get and makes you look immature.

Your academic performance was lackluster. Anyone who looks at your GPA isn't going to be impressed, particularly when they note your AFOQT scores aren't very high either. Working two jobs is impressive and mitigates the GPA somewhat, hopefully that's captured in one of your LORs.

If you do get an interview, and are asked about GPA/AFOQT, hopefully you can come up with a better answer than study materials were "poorly written."
Originally Posted by Mustangcbra View Post
Sputnik if you do not have anything constructive to say regarding this post than I would appreciate you not posting at all.

As I said above in the same post that you read about the study materials the scores fall on my shoulders alone. Regardless of the quality of the study materials they are my scores and reflect my knowledge basis.

I take full responsibility for these scores and do not make excuses for sections that I may have done poorly on.
You should take any and all replies that you might receive here with the same grain of salt. Just like people that you meet in the AD military, Reserves, or Guard - there are all types and there are bits of truth in every response.

If you are looking for a bunch of sugar coated "great job" and "you're a shoe in" responses, then you are probably looking in the wrong place.

Is your attitude towards Sputnik's post the same that you are going to portray to a person on the interview board? I doubt it. How are you going to respond if someone gives the same question/answer and calls your academic performance or test scores "lackluster"?
I'd take the advice of many on this thread and "own it".

USMCFLYR