Line Holder
sunnfun
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    Jun 2006
  • Position
    B777 Cpt.
Quote: i am anticipating base pay at 22,720 dhs/month, plus hourly flight pay of around 2,784 dhs/month (based on $9.48 hourly flight pay at about 80 hours per month) totaling around 25,504 dhs or just under (US)$7k per month. is this not accurate? would this be a dependable number for planning purposes, or do i need to be anticipating something else?
That sounds about right.

Quote:
another question regards time off. how is it scheduled? do you have to take your time off all at once each year, or can you break it up? (i.e. 2 weeks in january, 2 weeks in april, 2 weeks in october, etc.) is all time off scheduled at the beginning of the year, or can you make adjustments/requests at any time in the year? is your positive space travel valid to the same location each year, or can you change it each year? (san francisco one year, new york the next, etc.)
You bid for at least one block of "peak leave" in summer and/or over the christmas holiday and another block of "non-peak leave" during the rest of the year. It's a crap shoot right now, really. The system is supposed to give those priority who did not get a peak leave slot the previous year but does not seem to work well since we are so understaffed. Also, vacation changes are almost impossible as there are no open slots available for the same reason. Most guys (me included) have at least 14 days of unassigned leave left, which means that scheduling might randomly assign you vacation days here and there instead of off days.

The annual leave destination is fixed for the first three years. After that you can change it every year.