View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 10:57 PM
buzpilot
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2010
Position: CE550 Capt (laid off 2/2009)
Default Keep pilot stuff off ur "non-aviation" resume

Very interesting posts. I myself was flying for 10 years 4700TT, ATP, CFI's, CE500 typed etc etc. I was laid off Feb 09, and have been applying to many jobs over the past year plus. I have given up and are back in school for graphic design and video production while still on unemployment.

At first, during non-aviation interviews I was questioned, "You're a pilot?" Wow! "I can't believe you are here looking for a job" and stuff like that. So, I turned my resume around to reflect more "management" aspects of being a pilot, after all you are the PIC and that is the boss of the flight and holds the respected responsibility. Many of the people interviewing who could be your boss, but yet these people of authority at these non-aviation jobs probably never had the responsibility on your shoulders you had as a pilot.

It is a serious adjustment on the ground world working again. After now over a year on the ground myself wings clipped, I feel adjusted.....sorta

It still hurts when I drive by the airport and see a Citation on the ramp starting up, knowing I used to PIC that stuff part 135, and now I am out of currency, out of BFR/IPC, and my medical has lapsed to a 3rd class...

Oh joy,

Good luck my fellow aviator..

GB

ATP, CFI CFII MEI, Rustbucket wings clipped pilot LOL
CE500