Thread: Lost Comm
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 12:35 PM
FlyerJosh
Chief Jeppesen Updater

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Executive Transport Driver

I'm assuming that your scenario is based on an enroute hold or something that would amend your clearance limit to the GHI VOR? Remember- you're still "cleared" to your final destination (via your original clearance), it's just that a hold has been placed at the GHI VOR. The EFC determines that time for your to continue, IMHO.

I would continue on the filed/expected routing to the destination airport (or VFR conditions). I would say that you're routing hasn't been changed by the EFC. But what the heck do I know?

3. IFR conditions. If the failure occurs in IFR conditions, or if subparagraph 2 above cannot be complied with, each pilot shall continue the flight according to the following:

(a) Route.

(1) By the route assigned in the last ATC clearance received;

(2) If being radar vectored, by the direct route from the point of radio failure to the fix, route, or airway specified in the vector clearance;

(3) In the absence of an assigned route, by the route that ATC has advised may be expected in a further clearance; or

(4) In the absence of an assigned route or a route that ATC has advised may be expected in a further clearance by the route filed in the flight plan.