View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 04:18 AM
filejw
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: retired
Smile

Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post
I'm going today. It is now 10am local time and getting ready to leave for expo with no tickets, so let's see what'll happen. I am going to enquire about the hotel package and see if I can circumvent any lines. This trip was a surprise for me, one guy banged in sick and I replaced him. The one nice surprise was that we landed at ZSSS, the old main Shanghai airport. In and out in a jiffy.
I'll let you know how the expo turned out when I get back.
There was one different thing ATC did. As you approached Shanghai airspace, after you checked in with the controller, they asked if everything was alright. Taken aback I queried the controller, and when he replied he wanted to know if we were ok and everything was alright. Since I sensed a new warming of relations with western pilots and Chinese ATC, I said I was a little worriedabout my Bruins playing the Flyers tonight after losing 3 consecutive games. After a lengthy pause he wished me luck. Apparently bad luck because they lost.
But they were asking this question to all aircraft when they checked in.
What time was that..maybe the 4 unanswered goals came after you spoke to the controller...we have been looking for a reason and that must be it...your bad luck........LOL