Thread: What's the "Latest and Greatest" at UAL/CAL?

Speedtape , 05-15-2010 01:47 PM
Line Holder
Speedtape
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    May 2010
  • Position
    EWR 756 Captain
[QUOTE=
You don't think the career expectations of UAL pilot was HIGH? Best contract at the time, quick upgrades, and wide bodies (real ones).
I would love to see what some of CAL pilot's "career expectations" were before Bethune came in...
Not a UAL vs. CAL thing. It's a "mine is bigger than yours" thing that REALLY bugs the ---- out of me....
EVERY airline has had it's good times and bad...[/QUOTE]

I think "WAS" is the active word here. If CAL and UAL had merged back then
things would have been different, but thats not how it went.

CAL consistently wins awards for customer service from JD Power, Conde Nast, etc. Rated as one of the top companies to work for by Forbes how many years running?

They have the newest fleet, with more on the way, and actually are taking delivery of 787's shortly. Bethune came on board what 12 years ago now, and has been gone for 5 or 6 ? Maybe UAL should have hired him.

Look at how ratty a lot of the UAL airplanes are. Their 75's aren't even etops
and they have old software with the FMA stuff scattered at the bottom of the
PFD. Smaller Pratt & Whitneys. I remember riding in one about 5 or 6 years ago while the CA arrogantly told me how "they were gonna buy us" and I'd "look good in blue"

So its a little more than luck, and if I had a chance to do it all again I'd still be at CAl instead of UAL. My career expectations are and continue to be better.