View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 08:57 PM
keenster
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: FO forever

Originally Posted by Nosmo King View Post
More Worldflight fodder for those interested.

Story I heard today was that DAL originally wanted to turn it off.

Now fNW has been using Worldflight basically since its inception, so we have a GREAT contract rate. Something like $25K-$30K/month.

Contrast that to AMR which just switched to Worldflight and paid $5-6 million up front and pays monthly fees of ~$100K.

Fortunately, someone at DAL realized/was persuaded that cancelling the contract would be a really bad idea because if they ever wanted it back they would pay AMR type fees.

Extra fuel - Has anyone in a 747 or a A330 been short released since we went to FPS2? I haven't and I have not talked to anyone else that has either. That would explain some of the extra fuel we have been carrying around. Was told that FPS2 can't do short releases???

Random routes - Was told that FPS2 cannot quickly do random routes, they have to exist in some kind of database. Worldflight they could enter and compare a bunch of different routes for fuel burn in minutes.

Worldflight cannot replace FPS2 as a drop in because FPS is "attached" to too many other things.

Conclusion, Worldflight is not dead, but its not coming back in its current form. More likely it will be used as a tool by dispatch until FPS2 can be upgraded. I hope FPS3 gives us a more Worldflight-like product.
Imagine that, American switching to World flight and look what it cost them. I wonder what they know that Ma Delta does'nt.

Nosomo how much extra are your guys carrying around?????