View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 06:35 AM
freezingflyboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 7ER B...whatever that means.

Originally Posted by ToiletDuck View Post
I submitted an application to ExpressJet from their website. I dont' knwo if that is the only or the best way to go about doing things but I did. There are a couple things I wanted to know.

A)They asked which interview date would be best, July 17th or Aug 8th or something close. Does that mean that is the next time they will be interviewing guys?

B)How far in advance of losing this job should i start applying to those places?

C)Can anyone give me an idea what to study for the interview? Is it mostly the ATP written exam?

I'm also a little scared about my logbook. First off I live in the desert where the weather is pretty stable here. Hot and really hot. Sometimes tolerable cool..... I have 4-5 flights a day with the airforce guys. Sometimes I would get a little behind and just wait till I finished up a tach sheet or was soloing people to finally sit down and finish up my logbook. For each flight I simply put "flight instrction" in the remarks section. Do I need more? Are they going to want me to try and prove I really did all the things I said I did? Since I do so many flights it only takes me 3 days or so to fill out a complete page. So it's pretty much just tons of "Flight instruction" in the remarks section. The only proof I have of all the flying I did outside of my books is my list of endorsements. Since all i really do is get the guys soloing I run through them pretty quick. I have a mile long list of endorsements to show them. What else would they want to see?
Not sure what you mean by proof. Your logbook is your proof. Do you mean are they gonna ask for pay stubs or records from the school? Thats ridiculous. I worked for a busy 141 college program and would regulary fly 4-5 flights a day, filling about a page a week. All i put in the remarks section was student's name and lesson number but that was primarily for my own records. Im not sure what proof you think other guys are showing up with. As long as your single plus your multi equals your total and your day plus your night equals your total then it shouldn't be a huge deal. However, when I interviewed, one girl was let go within about 20 minutes before even talking to anyone because of "logbook issues". One thing I have heard that they look for is if you had the time you said you did when you applied. Meaning when you applied did you say you had 100 multi when in fact you had 90 but were expecting to have 100 by the time of the interview? Unless you pencil whipped your logbook to the point if lunacy then you shouldn't have much to worry about. You didn't pencil whip or lie about your times, did you?