brownie
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Apr 2005
  • Position
    757/767
Quote: Brownie,

I think your point is well-taken, because in the next two years "stuff" is set to happen. By all means, I can totally see your point.

However, keeping true to the thread's original subject, the next six months will see UPS furlough 170 pilots for the first time in their airline's history.

Certain questions come to mind in the next six months:

Will the company be able to MEF after Sunday.
With the increased flying that appears to be heading our way will safety, fatigue, and new people in new seats become an issue.
Will the company furlough according to the printed schedule.
Will reliability of our product suffer
Will the FAA amend our rest rules
Will the European crisis and strengthening dollar affect us.

Blah blah blah...in any event, I do admit to have been short-sighted, but I think the way UPS/IPA handle the first 170 furloughes will defining. Will the company blink first.

We have the same problem in front of us, just two different ways of interpreting it.

Regards,
FF
U actually make great points as far as im concern my vision toward this place has changed 4ever i know some people may say as time goes on we'll all forget but believe me, Not me. Eventhough i'm fairly senior and not in threat of furlough im wounded for rest of my career here. I used to be proud to wear that brown uniform but now i just wear it because i have to and it's just a job. A best job in the world and working for worst people on the planet.

25 yrs to go and no favors or waviers forever.
Sorry ups but this is personal.