Thread: Compass updates
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 08:16 PM
XtremeF150
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: M88B

Originally Posted by ak2az View Post
Honsetly, I do not see what the problem is with being held back 90 days. What are the Compass pilots loosing? They are getting the best of both worlds.

They will already have their Delta senority number based on the day that they would have started class(I would imagine this would also allow them to begin building senority). They get to sit left seat at CP at the top of the senority list getting 15+ days/mon off, making more money and having a better QOL than if they were at Delta in training.

I don't see where the Pilots are being harmed and losing anything.

But I do agree with you that the princaple is wrong, it should be a smooth transition with no delay, and the hold back should only happen for unforeseen circumstances, not poor planning.
Obviously most of us on the top of the list would agree. I personally don't care one way or the other but waiting to take the QOL slide and the 30K paycut would be fine by me .This would also mean that we might be able to hold a better domicile upon bidding. HOWEVER. I think those guys waiting on us to leave those left seats will NOT be happy one bit at waiting 3 more months for an upgrade.
For those of us that have to wait for either seat just remember that most ppl out there would be more than happy to be in your position. So lets try to stay positive no matter what they decide to do. If I can't change it I try not to worry about it to much.