View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 07:50 PM
SharkyBN584
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: ERJ FO

Sent in resume, got call a week later. Went to interview and then waited three months for a class date. I've been having a pretty decent time since I got here and I commute. Today is actually the first time I've had to work and haven't been able to make it home the same day...so more often than not the commute works out well. The most likely places you would get based initially are CMH, CVG, or SDF. If you're on the CRJ200 it's IAH or SDF. The other 145 bases are IND, GSO, BUF, RIC, MCO (which doesn't really count anymore), LGA, and STL. You can pretty much get into any base you want either right outta training or within 1-2 months (the exception being LGA or MCO). As far as QOL is concerned, it's pretty run of the mill as far as I'm concerned. The overnights aren't bad, 1st year pay is decent for a regional, crew sked has helped me out several times, and they can't touch me on my day off. I think I would enjoy it a lot more if I didn't commute, but I like where I live too much to leave. If you PM me, I can answer any other questions in more detail.