Thread: CFI Renewal
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 09:06 AM
LeineLodge
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: DAL FO

Originally Posted by Max Glide View Post
Just realized my CFI is due end of the month.

I'm taking the American Flyers' online course...it take 100 minute of wait to completet each module. Someone said AF no requires only 4 hours of total time. How's that possible?

Anyway to 'speed up' the online 'log in' time?

(It's just that the FAA closes offices today and don't open till Tuesday) and my CFI expires 5/31).

Any insight is apprecaited!

Max
I did it 6 years ago with AF and had the same issue. The 2 years ago, no issue. I was able to take the test as quickly as I could get through it.

(Hint, hint: you can cut and paste the material into a separate word document, so you can "study" before taking the test )

I know when I did it the first time, the timer would "time out" after a few minutes too, so I had to keep clicking back into the window to keep it going. Huge PITA. Maybe try a different web browser - I don't know. Not sure what was different the second time around but it sure was a lot faster. I'd also call them before they close this afternoon to try to get an answer.

It is a good deal though since you can now renew for nearly free (I've been doing the $50 Fed fee just so I don't have to deal with the FSDO). Good luck.

Nothing like waiting til the last minute