View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Badgeman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Advanced Newbie
Default An MEI not getting any multi time.

I'm a MEI in Florida and my flight school is feeding all the multi-students to an instructor who returned from a regional to stay at home with their spouse. They have jet time and an ATP. They don't plan on leaving any time soon. I've confronted the manager with this concern and he essentially told me, that's the way it was going to stay. If I get any multi-students it's because I cultivate them all the way up from Private to Multi. In the 9 months that I've had my MEI, this has happened a grand total of NEVER. All my students have dropped out or return to their respective country's to finish their commercial level training. Where can I go to get some Multi time? I have 1400 TT and 30 Multi PIC. By this time my confidence on teaching multi has been completely dashed. I think it's just time to find a job flying, not teaching anymore. After nearly 3 years I'm burned out. I recently checked into Flight Express (courier flying), but the guy there in the HR dept said they barely fly Barons anymore and the guys that do also aren't leaving any time soon.