View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 05:17 PM
erjpilot7
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2008

You might try Mountain Air Cargo or Air Cargo Carriers. I'm not sure that either is hiring at this moment, but they sporadically accept applications. I don't know what your total multi time is, but don't narrow yourself to PIC multi only. Multi is multi. Hang in there. Don't beat yourself to death on having to be in a multi airplane. I'm furloughed 121 twice, and I'm not having much luck with a multi gig either. Let's just say my SEL rating on my CFI is getting a workout right now. It may be hard to see from your position right now, but multi time, total time, and any other time is not the most important, end all be all of getting a job. Companies truly will look for other qualities when considering candidates. I was not even close to the most qualified person in terms of time at any interview I've ever been to. Keep your nose clean and control what you can. Don't sell yourself for pennies on the dollar and hurt those who come after you. Hang tough...I know you don't wanna hear that. Trust me, I don't either. You probably already know it, but make yourself as available as possible. If you have to stock ice and newspapers in airplanes at the local airport in hopes someone will remember your name, then by all means. Pay the bills with single engine CFI stuff and wait it out. Movement is starting, painfully slowly, but starting nevertheless. Good luck. In five years, I hope this is nothing but a bad dream for us all.