Old 06-04-2010, 10:21 AM
BoilerUP
The NeverEnding Story

Joined APC: Sep 2005

No, I personally wouldn't buy the SF50...not with all the other options that exist on the market. This plane, if it ever makes it to market, will be hugely popular with current Cirrus owners who will happily pony up an extra $1M for another 80kts and pressurization...and a chute.

Having been inside the Cirrus Jet cabin mockup at NBAA it is surprisingly roomy (imagine a SR22, slightly wider and much longer), and will have similar flying characteristics to the SR22...but its 'estimated' performance is so anemic for a jet (FL250, 300KTAS max cruise, 800nm range with 800lb payload) that I doubt it'll take many sales away from the likes of the Phenom 100, Mustang or TBM850. I do suspect it would dent Meridian sales a bit.

Yesterday was the first time I stepped foot in a TBM (was a 700C2) and it was a very impressive airplane...being a very mature airframe I'd choose it personally every day and twice on Sunday before the SF50.

Would I trust Cirrus to build a decent airplane, and have a realistic business plan when I fork over a deposit? Yes.
You should see the kind of legal maneuvering that has gone on when "The Jet" deposit holders have tried to get their deposit refunded and Cirrus balked...