View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 04:44 PM
MikeInTx
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: earning pro rata soon

Originally Posted by LAfrequentflyer View Post
Honestly. I don't like the terms of your loan. The FBO will know. Don't trust their or anyone else's good will - especially in aviation. You will get burned.

See if you can get a loan that gives you the money. Then you can pay as you go. Paying as you go combined with being proactive / decisive about your training requirements / timeline will ensure you get done within budget. It will also prevent you from being ripped off.

Remember the CFI / FBO folks are not your friends. They are your employees. That goes for all FBOs and flight schools. You are the boss. If you don't like something it's you who has to ensure a change occurs.

If you like prairie air service - visit them and see the place and meet them.

I would hold off on training until you can rework that loan so you get the money and not the school.

Banking is like buying any other consumer product - shop around for the best deal. Don't like the terms - walk...

Good luck.

-LAFF
LAFF-

Thank you for this advice...I guess I was so stoked about being approved and what such a loan was going to mean for my life that I didn't stop to think about different options. Obviously I have the credit for such a loan, so I am going to take your advice and shop around to see what bank can offer the best deal to arrange a loan that gives ME the funds which will allow me to pay as I go as you and others have suggested.

Thankfully, I have not signed or agreed to any terms yet!

THANK YOU

Mike