Old 06-08-2010, 09:30 AM
PinnacleFO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: CRJ Captain

Originally Posted by Pinchanickled View Post
I have had good luck on all my checkrides from when I first started. I worked at another regional airline before with a long wait for upgrade. I came here to go for the "guaranteed" quick upgrade. Unfortunately, that did not happen with the age 65 rule.

Recently I "popped" a checkride here. First and only failure. I am wondering how the majors will look at this.

I know majors look very closely at your training record. But if they see a bust on a PC at one of these bottom feeder companies, do they even consider it? Now I truely know the reason and driving force behind the quick upgrade here.

It just seems when you have an airline that hands out failures like a NYC meterman, that the recruiters at the top level would probably see right through that.
If you go into the interview saying Pinnacle fails everyone, then i hope you enjoy your career at pinnacle. Admit you screwed up, know the reason why you screwed up, and man up and show that you learned from it, and they probably wont care about one failure.