Old 06-08-2010, 10:27 AM
Pinchanickled
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: CRJ - Hell Hole

Originally Posted by afterburn81 View Post
If you feel that a regional airline has an inferior level to the quality of pilot and training than that of a major, passing the checkride should be easier right? What I mean is that a pilot is a pilot and expected to perform to the standards put forth by the FAA no matter which carrier you are at.
Understandably, there are standards set forth that pilots AND the examiners need to follow. Given multiple failures at the same time is rediculous. If the examiner doesn't create a realistic environment, what do you do?? When you're going missed on a CAT 2, and an engine fire happens along with thrust reverser deployment all at the same time...is overwhelming. No excuses, but a fair shake would be nice to have. And it doesn't make it any easier when your examiner has a reputation of having a desire to fail people.

It just amazes me, failures are rare at major airlines. Regional airlines fail people constantly. Is it the quick minded video game playing younger generation that are better pilots? Or the gray haired weather pilots with experience better? YOU CANT SAY!!! It's really determined by each individual pilot. All I know is the bottom feeders are plagued with failures. Busts at bottom feeders are just a way of life it seems. At the major level, the more professional level, it seems that warm up sims, training to proficiency are a very very nice thing to have on your side.