View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 03:44 PM
lakehouse
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: forever fo

If you flew jumpers, stick with that till you get things figured out, you can find a 182 gig out there and make enough to live on, get a few more hours and start looking at regionals.

Originally Posted by Silverwings View Post
Hello everybody!

So I'm looking for some advice from you...

I am a pilot who moved to Houston, TX a little over a year ago. I come from a small country in South America called Uruguay, where I got all my flying experience (Commercial AMEL with Instruments, and CFII with 993.4 hours TT, 157.6 Actual IFR, 63.2 Simulated IFR and 55 of ME) which includes instructing, flying for skydivers and even flying for the former president of the country, hey it's a small country and I flew the guy in a C-182 and a BE-55.

I started flying when I was 15 years old, the problem is that it was 13 years ago, so you can imagine that a bit less than 1000 hours is nothing if you spread that out over 13 years! (Although most of the time I got in recent years)

I revalidated the American commercial license and I am right now working on getting the Instrument and ME ratings on this license.

Do you guys think I can have a chance getting a job flying, be it crop dusting, banner towing, 135 or Regional as soon as I get the ratings? Do you think I should try to revalidate CFII too?

Thank you for your advice, and sorry for my grammatical mistakes, although I am fluent in English it is not my native language, which is Spanish.

Thanks!