Old 06-11-2010, 05:52 AM
Dan64456
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by Ewfflyer View Post
I can't vote for any, as in the end it's truly your decision. The first two have long term viability, as you can stick in your current career, or you can try a new one. Maybe you should keep the current one, keep training when and while you can, and progress with very minimal debt.

The car, well that's just an awesome car, but should you be putting all your savings into a vehicle? Not unless it's going to literally "get" you somewhere as employment.
I see your point about the first two... But it wouldn't be nearly 'all' of my savings. I actually wouldn't touch my savings account to buy the car... I just wouldn't be putting that 500 a month into that account =) I still have 401k that I contribute to which is way better than nothing. My concern about going for the airline career - I'd have to sacrifyce things such as nice cars for the next 10 to 15 years just because I wouldn't be making enough money? This is where the roadblock comes up for me. I don't think that job is worth doing for a dime less than 45k per year. It's just highway robbery. If the second year as a FO was 45 grand a year, this wouldn't even be a decision for me... I'd already be back in flight school.