View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 08:01 AM
TheReelDeel33
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

"With the job market the way it is now it seems like I would be shooting myself in the foot for turning down turbine PIC flying"

That sentence suggests that your most desired aspect of this job would be building turbine time. And if you are looking to build time, and you are going to school I'm guessing your eventual goal is something other then flying jumpers. If i'm right, I would say stay where you are and get your degree because you are going to need that just as much (if not more) than the turbine time. Once you stop going to school and start focusing on nothing but work it can be really hard to switch back to the college lifestyle. If you never get the degree you could end up stuck.

When people say the job market is horrible right now they are only half right. It's only horrible for people with no connections because it is true that if you walk into a place to introduce yourself and drop off a resume you probably aren't going to get a call back. That doesn't apply to you though since you already know the owner and are in his good graces. Keep doing what your doing and stay in his good graces. Once your done with your degree you can come onto this forum and hear people complain about how the job market is "horrible." The reason it will seem horrible for them is because the guy from dropzone never called them, because he was to busy throwing their resume in the garbage as soon as they walked out the door because he already has a guy (you) to fill that job.