View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 02:26 PM
FlyJSH
Day puke

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Out.

Originally Posted by snippercr View Post
Only $10,000 in Government Loans (subsidized so I didnt build interest in school).

Was making a few payments on loan but deferred it due to making a CFI wage. Fortunately since it is subsidized, I will not have interest building while it is differed. Interest capitalizing would suck during the deferment.
Originally Posted by wrxpilot View Post
I still owe approximately $20,000 in subsidized loans, with a 3% interest rate. My monthly payment is $169, and I'm not in a big hurry to pay more than that each month.

It will take a few more years before my $20,000 of student loan debt is eliminated, but at $169/mo, I hardly notice it. With the low 3% interest, I'm not really screwing myself too bad either by taking so long to pay it off.
Originally Posted by ToiletDuck View Post
I pay $110 per month at 1.9%. It wouldn't benefit me to try and pay it off all at once.
From all of us taxpayers subsidizing your loans, feel free to take as long as you want to pay them back. We LOVE paying your interest.

Only loans were from my family and they were only a couple thousand at a time. All were paid off within few months. Lived with the folks, state school, lots of jobs, and the GI Bill.