View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 09:22 AM
Red Forman
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Pilot

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
No...sometimes they are from people that were taught that you don't live the American dream on credit - and this includes buying a car, a house, an RV, or any other *guy toys* especially that are above your pay scale. I don't care if you borrow it - matter of fact - *educational debt and real estate debt* used to be looked on as the only good types of **good** debt (if there is such a thing)
I think PEOPLE, and like the other poster mentioned too, CORPORATIONS ought to be held responsible for their debts. If declaring bankruptcy and then paying the price is the system set then so be it.

Are you really saying that people should not be responsible for their debts?

USMCFLYR

+1, well said!
The best way to not get into debt is save your money and pay cash for everything. I do not own a single credit card, the cars are paid in full and I don't owe a cent to anyone. When you aren't making payements for all of your debts you would be surprised how much money you can save. It is even possible to pay cash for a house after years of saving, but everyone these days wants a new car, a new house, and the new coolest gadgets. Just live well under your means for a while and then when you get older and have a lot of money in the bank, then you can treat yourself to somethng new, and pay cash for it!