Indian Takeout Driver
CE750
Indian Takeout Driver
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2006
  • Position
    FAR part 347 (91+121+135)
Quote: I could not agree more. Here are a few tidbits for you prior to making a move towards Omni.
  • The pay is extremely low for the amount of work the cockpit crews are required to accomplish.
  • Management fosters a negative relationship between their department heads in travel and scheduling. The perception from the home team at headquarters is that “pilots are spoiled and not to be pampered”.
  • Lines of flying are 18 days and could be up to 22 or longer if the DO decides to authorize scheduling to hold you out….INVOLUNTARILY. All this after you may have been awarded two lines that back up to each other which has kept you out for maybe 30 days +.
  • Bring your disinfectant for the hotels.
  • Per Diem is on the low end both domestically and internationally.
  • Catering is terrible.
  • FA’s overall as a group are some of the most unprofessional I have seen in my airline career (steal food from setups, and give the cockpit what is left etc.)
  • Training runs 6 out of 7 days a week. Sometimes up to 7 weeks away from home, and because of the back log of training, I did not start IOE for two months after my sim check.
The only good thing is the home basing, which will save you a bundle in travel, however not enough to offset the cost of the loss of your family, home and finances because of divorce.

Upgrade can be quite quick due to the turnover of Pilots (you would think management would get a clue…not). However despite your qualifications, you might be bypassed for someone better liked or just a plain brownnoser.

If you are single or need something to stop the financial bleeding until something better comes along then sure, Omni is probably a good place for a touch and go. But, in the end my advice is to RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN away from that operation. I did.
WOW! .. I sure hope either World or Gemini hire me soon!