View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 08:20 AM
jetblaster
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Contacted APA reps. Good guys in NY, but they are being told by APA National to "remain calm, all is well, there is behind the scenes diplomacy at work."

I urged my reps not to buy this, as, if there was EFFECTIVE behind-the-scenes diplomacy, the judge would not have ruled as he did yesterday to hold these men indefinitely. And...these current national leaders love to hide behind supposed "quiet"--read, unaccountable, unveriable--actions "behind the scenes." A lot of time on the golf course and in secret meetings...they recently held a big bash using membership dues money at the Gaylord Texan Resort, the most expensive, gaudy resort in the southwest...apparently celebrating our recent paycuts...

If I haven't made it clear...the present APA national leadership is absolutely worthless as pilot advocates...so, do not think that there is anything going on on the American side of the fence. Joe Sharkey's criticism of the APA in his article below is well-justified. Unless someone makes some noise, these guys are going to rot in Brazil...and you can expect that procedure to become the "standard" for any pilot anywhere who is accused of doing anything wrong. This sets us up as pawns for spats between governments...etc. Very bad precedent...but, the unions are apparently satisfied to sit quietly and let it happen...at least, Ralph Hunter and his boys at APA are.

We do have another group of true pilot advocates, the Pilots Defending the Profession. I will see if they are interested in launching a letter-writing campaign, at least.

Jetblaster