View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 04:51 AM
TheReelDeel33
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

DON'T GET AN AVIATION DEGREE!!!!

Pick a good school that offers both aviation and a degree in another field that is of interest to you. Get a "real" degree and do your flight training through the university. This way you have something else to fall back on in the event your aviation career hits a dead end. And as the previous poster stated, varied weather is your friend. It will make you a better pilot.

That's exactly what i'm doing, except i'm getting the real degree and flight training through a community college so it is even cheaper than a university. Plus, even though it is out of county for me my designated community college does not offer aviation so I get to pay in county tuition. It also is close enough to home so that I can commute and still be a non-rent-paying/freeloading off my parents house kinda guy. After i'm done with the community college i'll transfer to one of the 4 year colleges around here for business admin (the real degree). I recommend trying to do something similiar if at all possible because this has been working out pretty well for me so far