Old 06-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Rnav
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

I do notice one thing about switching careers. Most pilots will put up with low pay, crappy treatment, and hell to fly for a living(as pilot 1278 said). But when it comes to another career we don't put up with much and want to switch back. Strange what we will do for flying. But what about finding happiness no matter what we do. Flying is great fun, and anyone who says it is lying. Its just the 80% of the other stuff no one talks about that blows.

Some people will believe they reached the pinnacle of their aviation careers when they got their pvt, others it will be one their cruising at FL390. I guess what I'm trying to say is be content with what you have. As some post here some hated their time flying others just couldn't get it to coincide with their lifestyle desires and left. Everyone has reasons for starting and then stopping flying. I will not say I don't appreciate my time in the sky. It took alot of work and was very fun. But with that said, try and find that same pleasure in no matter what you do with your life whether its flying or another career. life's too short to be bitter.