Old 06-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Phantom Flyer
Snakes & Nape

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: B-767 Captain
Angry Ode to a SCAB

Originally Posted by schone View Post
Maybe I should have fined my drastic statement.

Scabs being TSA/GoJets/Freedom etc etc.

I can somewhat understand crossing the picket line as a big no no. And I wouldn't even want to heat up that argument cause really there will be no winners to that one.
Without quoting Jack London's 1915 epistle, I'll throw my two cents into this discussion.

I'm one of the older guys who has walked a picket line and had to work with SCABS after a strike in 1985. In my book a SCAB is one who has either crossed a legally established picket line to fly an aircraft for a striking carrier or flown directly in sub-service for a legally striking air carrier. Period.

While I have a lot of respect for the Prime Minister (Rickair), I don't buy the definition of a SCAB to include those who fly for low cost or alter ego carriers. The inference is that they are indirectly taking passengers away from one of the mainline/big carriers. Nonsense. Some of the low cost carriers (Falcon Air) may have scumbags running the show and /or flying their aircraft but until they started flying Spirit routes, they were just pond scum and not necessarily SCABS. When their pilots actually flew a sub service revenue flight for Spirit, they became SCABS.

As for respecting everyone at face value, that's fine. Just wait until one of those SOB's crosses the picket line and gets in your seat. You'll change you mind very quickly!

G'Luck Mates

Last edited by Phantom Flyer; 06-23-2010 at 03:56 PM.