View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 09:57 AM
DAL330drvr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2009
Position: 764 FO

Originally Posted by acl65pilot View Post
DAL330, it is not meant as a slap in the face. It is just the truth. If you want to change it, get involved and work on slow change.

I see a change to AWABS coming, ship sets, checklists, et al. It is slow. A little patience is in order. NWA brought a ton of good things to this merger. Leadership has said that they will bring some of it forward. I believe the quote number is 350. Give em time. The process has brought both groups together under a same list and same procedures. As with all corporations the small and often unnoticeable change takes place over the next five years.

I cannot wait for a updated cornerstone system, updated crew software, updated flight planning etc. I know it takes time. I prefer them to get it right than to rush it and bring a program to market with a ton of bugs.

acl,

I never thought of it as a slap in the face. I agree 100% with your post, it will take time, Rome wasn't built in one day. I see plenty of changes in the works and I choose to fly my jet and let management run the company.

I have a long time left at DAL and refuse to get caught up in the North vs. South, us vs. them bull. As I said before, my paycheck now says Delta and that's who my loyalty goes to, NWA is history now and I'm proud I was part of it.

Some of those who refuse to let go are the ones who had too much too soon and thought that NWA revolved around them, if they want to change anything, then they should get involved, after all, some of them are only working 9 days a month and have plenty of time to spare.