View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 10:47 PM
keenster
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: FO forever

Originally Posted by forgot to bid View Post
Keen, if you go to deltanet and put in the search window what dtfl wrote "payload optimized flight with Delta jump seat requests" it will pull this up below. We should all print this and carry it, especially if you rely on the JS:

Payload Optimized flight with Delta jump seat requests
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
April 25, 2008

Until further notice it will be necessary to accommodate all Delta cockpit and cabin jump seat requests onboard a Payload Optimized flight and these riders are not to be removed.

The gate agent’s responsibility will be to contact the Operations Agent when a jump seater will be cleared so that count can be part of the ramps payload planning effort.

----
On that note, when updates do come to AWABS there should be a) a head count or as 80 calls it a skull count added to include lap children and to not confuse wide passengers as two people and so on, and 2) it should at least on the WDR Preface say "JS listed for flight." A heads up to go find the guy if you haven't seen him.

Now, with that said... I need to go research and see if the Preface doesn't already say that.
Just wondering since you fly the 88, how could the airplane be load limited on a 40 minute flight. Obviously I am not understanding something about AWABS. Thought I had it down but I must be missing something.