Gets Weekends Off
MD11
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Dec 2007
  • Position
    Out of Regional Jet flying
Quote: The guy who posted that probably forgot his logbook or made some other stupid mistake, didn't want to admit it, and therefore needed some other excuse as to why he got the boot. Don't worry about it, they wouldn't go through the time and expense to fly you out there just to send you home over something they could've uncovered in the pre-interview screening.
My friend you couldn't be more wrong... I was shown the door today 20 minutes after arriving. Almost twenty years ago, I had an accident that was disclosed on the FAA enforcement section and the AE addendum supplement. I gave details of the accident in both sections. There were no fines, penalties, enforcements or violations issued by the FAA,,, so that portion of the application was "NO". I am not sure if the HR person understood that an accident can happen without a violation. Regardless, I was sent home very quickly. Did, I mention the accident happened twenty years ago?? Twenty years of safe flying afterward, typed in the CRJ, AMR fueler in high school (fueling MD-80's and DC10's) A&P mechanical experience on heavy turbine aircraft in addition to being a licensed dispatcher didn't mean anything. My point is that they can send you home for any reason and don't expect to be treated with any type of decency. If you have a failed checkride, accident or anything for that matter, you may want to avoid AE for a while,,, If you have any type of blemish and you get called, you will be wasting over a hundred dollars on the Candlewood suites and meals.