View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 06:45 AM
scambo1
The Brown Dot +1

Joined APC: Jun 2009
Position: 777B

Originally Posted by nwaf16dude View Post
I think the 747 guys are right about the crew rest thing, but the Delta guys have the "not invented here" attitude about it. The whole thing sounds like a giant dick measuring contest between the 777 and 747 guys. I'd imagine there are near equal levels of bad behavior from both sides of the fight.
-----------
I read the rest break paper a couple years ago. While I thought it was suitable for filing in the circular file, I am sure someone has pride of authorship on it. Most likely a 777 LCA. That said, it is not a law. The crew can determine the rest break schedule on each leg to meet their actual rest needs.

Crew currency is another matter. It is the responsibility of the individual pilot and the crew as a whole to help the other pilots maintain their landing currency in order to avoid a sim trip. Sometimes that cannot be done - for example a reserve pilot (on the 777) can almost never avoid a trip to the sim, so his in-aircraft landing currency is justifiably sacrificed to enable the other pilots to maintain their currency.

On a lighter note, The market is looking rough today. S+P around 1046 - yikes. It could break either way.