Old 06-30-2010, 07:22 AM
Superpilot92
Underboob King

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Guppy Commander

Originally Posted by JustAMushroom View Post
I'm coming to the realization that my best interest (and there is an argument to be made that most pilots ) are no longer served by the drive to get to a major. Perhaps we are all better off seeing our respective airlines get larger aircraft and competing in the open market.

Lets face it, UA/CO has the potential to be a real debacle. Who wants to work for another Cactus East/West nightmare. AA? It's going to be years before we have any quality of life.. that's after thousands get recalled first!
Anyone from a decent regional with any senority is not going to go to JetB, etc... it's a lateral move. That leaves Delta and Southwest. The probability of getting on is 1 in 1000? 5000?

Maybe we should start advocating our regionals keep their fee for departure agreements as long as we can while another arm of our carrier flies C series, 320's and the like. Who cares if Delta gets $148/hr and we get $130/hr.

I know this isn't going to be a popular view on his messege board, but before you flame away, think honestly about the majority of the regional Captains now. Close to 10 years senority, $90K, QOL. Why should we keep chanting the mantra of scope to others benifit? We have been so focused on getting out of the RJ we haven't bothered to make our current airline better. Why is it wrong to want more pay that a larger aircraft brings.
how old are you?