View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 09:58 AM
johnso29

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767

Originally Posted by acl65pilot View Post
I think you need to call your DTW reps. Talk to them, and then tell me that the above statement is really any fear of theirs.
Originally Posted by Pineapple Guy View Post
johns29, much to everyone's apparent misunderstanding on this web board, LM is not a dictator with evil hypnotic powers. He is an elected leader, who is accountable to the will of the MEC and can be recalled at anytime by them. Additionally, the MEC must ratify every LOA by a majority vote. If your elected reps disagree with everything he says (which I seriously doubt), then they need to be able to convince half the MEC they are right and he is wrong. That's how change happens, as it should.

It amazes me how much power people on this board think LM has. Despite repeated changes on the MEC throughout his four years, he's still there. Perhaps, just perhaps, he really is accomplishing the will of the MEC, rather than leading them like some blind dog.
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
Replace your reps!

I got a chance to hear LM here in NRT earlier this year. It's pretty clear to me that LM has the support of our reps because he's doing things right. You might disagree with my observation, but I think the facts show who's right.
I retract my statement. It was incorrect. I think LM got the best he could on the last scope issue.

I just hope he protects us all with this. The flow agreement is our most powerful furlough deterrent. Please do us right Mr. Moak.