View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 08:31 AM
AirWillie
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: MD80

Originally Posted by dosbo View Post

I sit at home furloughed because some professional pilot is willing to sell themselves cheap with the hope of moving on and as a result they are affecting more people than just themselves. This is the second time in my 121 career that my quality of life and income has been directly impacted by someone willing to fly larger aircraft for less money.
What is wrong with trying to move on from a regional? You make it sound like it's a crime. You are following a pie in the sky, cumbaya mentality. You can not have every single regional paying top dollar with contracts better than the next. It's impossible. For some regionals like Expressjet it worked out because of their circumstance. That does not mean that's what works with others, look at Comair or Eagle or most other higher costing regionals out there which are in decline because they are too expensive. If you don't want to be affected, stop crying about the injustice of the regional industry, get out there get some experience and move on from the hell hole. It's very simple.