Thread: Part 141 or 61
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 12:24 PM
jmathieu
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Default Part 141 or 61

Is that the question or what?
I'm pretty much set on attenting ATP (long Island), but I can still be dissuaded. Please share any and all information that you know or have heard of about this establishment. Positive and negative points will all be useful.

Secondly; I'm trying to figure out if it is beneficial to do certain ratings part 61 and others part 141. I've heard that it is better to complete the PPL part 61; what about the rest?
-What are the hour requirements for the instrument Part 61 Vs. Part 141?
-250 hours are required for the Commercial rating Part 61. Are the number of hours required less when its Part 141? How does the 141 schools go about instructing the Commercial rating differ from 61 schools? Is the Commercial rating based simply on building time?
-ATP offers 20 hours to earn MEI, CFII, and CFI. Is that plausible within that period of time?
-ATP offers cross country trips with another pilot to built hours for the Commercial rating. What are your thoughts? Will both pilots get to log PIC time..or?
-Please share your experience. Pros and Cons of Part 61 and 141, and what you wish you would have done differently in your personal flight training experience. Thank you.

Last but CERTAINLY not least, Is the aviation industry looking toward a boom in the next couple of years because that is the popular word going around. I know we've all got aour fingers crossed, but wishful thinking aside, what do you think?
Thank you all.