View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 03:34 AM
dosbo
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Furlough/Gun Driver

Originally Posted by CTPILOT View Post
Can they close this thread, all it is..is pilots complaining about Gojets , at this point there is no facts or answers being given anymore but hatred....We know there is a dislike between carriers and Gojets. Thats my 2cents I have better things to do with my life then complain on an online forum....sorry if Gojets, Mesa, or whoever screwed your career or rights over its mgmt and ofcourse we can fight like Spirit did against mgmt but its not happening for what I can see. Major, Regionals, Cargo LCC this industry isn't gonna get better unless we all team up which is far fetched and seems impossible....We share the sky together and on a daily basis are responsible for hundreds of lives of fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, babies, grandparents e.t.c. Sure this post didn't and will do nothing but be considered flamebait or whatever I just had to say this from reading the posts

I am on furlough from a ALPA regional and still on it
Why close the thread? It hasn't gotten ugly and there has been no name calling yet. The original poster wanted to know about the opportunities of working at Go Jet. I don't see too many current Go Jet pilots praising the benefits of working there and the wonderful working conditions. Some of us are trying to educate those considering a job there. If that bothers you then perhaps you can explain why Go Jet is worth working at and how it will further their career.

The original Go Jet pilots are the greatest culprits in the mess because they helped start an alter ego airline to undercut wages at TSA while TSA was trying to negotiate higher wages for that airframe. Although those that currently take jobs at Go Jet aren't the original culprits, they do provide the resources to management to continue operating an airline that has pushed wages lower. Therefore I feel they still bear some significant responsibility for sustaining the low wages. Basic supply and demand, if there were no supply of pilots willing to sell their skills at such a low rate the rates would have to go up. By swallowing the bait of "get in get time and move on" at any cost continues to feed operations such as Go Jet. It is a downward spiraling operation that can only function by continually depressing working conditions and cannot survive in the long term. The business model has worked well for Mesa and I doubt will work any better for Go Jet.

The only exception I will consider making is the furloughed United pilots that get preferential hiring for being displaced from their job. They are flying aircraft with their livery on it and preventing a starry eyed pilot with SJS from getting that position. Also I am quite sure that furloughed United pilots will be flying strictly per the contract, FOM, and FAR's. We all know how this can affect operations.