Old 07-07-2010, 10:30 PM
AirWillie
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: MD80

Originally Posted by bernouli View Post
Go Jet 5yr Capt at guarantee $5032 per month Flying 70 Seats
AWAC 5yr Capt at guarantee $5025 per month Flying 50 Seats

AWAC has cancellation pay for WX, MX, Block or better, and various other soft time I cannot remember that I'm sure puts the pay for 50 seat flying on a concessionary contract at a higher rate than your current 70 seat flying rate. The above numbers are directly from the APC Regional pay scales at the monthly guarantee.

5 yr capt pay differences..... monthly guarantee.

mesaba (90 seat) - $5325 ----- that's more than 50 seats.
mesa (70 seat) - $4864 ---- that's more than 50 seats *look at the 90 seat pay if you feel like punching your keyboard.
pinnacle (90 seat) - $5175 ---- that's more than 50 seats
skywest (both the 70 and the 90) - $5175 ---- that's more than 50 seats.
gojet (66 seat) - $5032

none of em are gonna get any of us a bentley.

I'm concerned about your pay because when you are willing to fly larger aircraft for less money it entices my management to outsource flying resulting in the furlough of mainline jobs. This directly concerns me since it is one of the reasons I am currently furloughed. Which leads me to ask where will you move onto if mainline keeps outsourcing more flying. Are you willing to fly 90 seat jets for your 70 seat rates if offered just to get a quicker upgrade?

skywest and mesa are already doing that. so is republic, especially if you compare them to jetblue. regionals are regionals, man. i don't know what else to tell ya.
I think this Gojet thread has reached its mature stage and serves no useful purpose to the thread starter.

You know a gojets thread has passed its useful life because after the Gojet cliches are beaten to death over and over and over and over, people start to compare their 50/66/75/90 seat pay, all separated by a few hundred dollars.... even with extra credit hours..

Thank you bernoulli for fishing out what is painfully obvious to the rest.