View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 07:53 AM
jtf560
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

I doubt we recall any time soon unless they go over 11 days of sell offs. I would guess the same guys who get recalled would be refurloughed as soon as demand was normal again. Sokol wants to run a tight ship and that is what he is doing. I keep hearing how guys are flying all the time, but I also talk to the guys who don't do much at all. Some of my tours are crazy busy, some are exceedingly slow. Unfortunately I have a feeling we are staffed well enough (outside the 4th quarter crazy days) to keep the ship running fine for a long time. Second quarter this year had 0 sell off days and the first quarter didn't go the full 11- not even close if I remember correctly. I even kind of doubt the fourth quarter will have 11 days that need to have sell-offs. As far as I can remember, the contract doesn't restrict how many sell offs are done on those 11 days and I won't be surprised to see many hundreds over those 11 days, but I'm sure Sokol will be having a chat with Scheduling to make sure the 18 day and 15 day pilots are available each and every busy day when it gets tight. I also won't be surprised if there is a lot of unrealistic last day scheduling around then with lots of after midnights to try to avoid going over 11 days of sell-offs. The bean counters know after midnights are expensive, but they are cheaper than short term recalls. I hope I am wrong about all this and our brothers are brought back sooner, but I doubt any recalls under Sokol's watch.