View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Denny Crane
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: Kickin’ Back

Originally Posted by capncrunch View Post
Side Question:

I was just awarded SLC320B on the last AE. As I understand it, my 24mo seat lock begins on the date I wad awarded the position.

The position I would really like to get is SEA76B. Since that position is a new position and will not have converted by the next AE, can I bid it and get out of my seat lock because it will be concidered a new position?
Flight ops management said the next AE will probably come out in Sep or Oct so it will probably be after the first conversions into SEA7ER.

I just looked up the definition of a "new or re-established category." After reading it, and assuming the SEA7er category is "established" (first conversions in my mind) Sep 1, then you should be able to bid it as a new category if the AE comes out prior to 60 days past Sep 1. (Not sure if the AE would need to come out or close before the 60 day period expires.)

If that doesn't work and they convert the SLC767 domestic category to the ER, you could bid that as a new category and then try to get into SEA on a following AE. You would be taking a chance doing it this way but it could work.

In any event, I'd call the union and see what they had to say about it. The following is the contract definition of "new or reestablished category."

150. “New or reestablished category” means, for the purposes of
Section 22, a category that has not been in existence for 60 days since the date of the first opportunity for the first conversion.

Denny