View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 04:16 PM
kalyx522
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Student Pilot

Originally Posted by 757Driver View Post

Good example would be the Republic folks who get priority on everyone as they serve more than one master.
I COULD be wrong but I think technically Republic guys do not have priority on every mainline their company flies for, but on the mainline that each of them fly for. For example, both a Mesa guy and I were signed up for a US Air mainline jumpseat. Most people would think between the two of us it would come down to TOC since both our regionals fly for US Airways... but he turned out to be on the Freedom side that flies for DCI, whereas I actually fly for US Airways Express (not wholly owned). It took a supervisor to figure it out. In the back of the jumpseat form, it says US Airways Express has priority over offline. Since I have a US Airways badge number which they can use to verify me in the US Airways system, and he didn't, he was essentially offline, and so I had priority. Likewise, when I was based in IAD and only flew for United (did not have US Airways nonrev privileges), I did not have any kind of priority while jumpseating on US Airways.
Unfortunately in all these different situations gate agents usually do not know the correct priority and you will get screwed if you don't search the rules yourself.