View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Wuzzo
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2010

From a slightly different angle, let's take a quick look at why you're doing the degree in the first place, which is how I counsel my folks when they're considering a degree program (usually a Masters).

Your employer/career field requires the 4-yr degree for further progression.
- There's a reason for this. It could be simply to give an easy way to make some decisions for promotions. But maybe they have other reasons - that education has value and that the work and formation you get out of your degree program may benefit you in your career. Strange and perhaps too idealistic of a concept, but there may be some validity to it.

So your possible decisions seem to be threefold:

1) The Nike. Pay your fee, get your B. Find the accredited degree that is the easiest (time/schedule/$) to complete, and Just Do It. Cost - your time and treasure with little else to say at the end of the day except that the box (who said "box?") is checked. Check to see if one of those schools in Grenada has a mail-in program that qualifies.

2) The Farragut: Get the highest quality degree you can afford (again time and $). Put your career on hold and get a full-up Harvard criminal law degree. Damn the torpedoes, full-speed ahead.

3) The Hostage Negotiator: Find a degree program between the top two options that helps your requirements (get an accredited degree), resources (stay within your time/$ budget), and desires for self-improvement to all "just get along."

I'd argue for #3, and in your case ERAU Online might just fit that bill. But, there is value to the other options. Decide which one you want and press.

Hope that helps.