View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 03:31 PM
hiplainsdrifter
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2009

you sure about this? I think the chances are pretty good they liquidate. Mesa really isn't a viable company if the usair contract doesn't get extended and we all know that there are many other companies salivating over the kill. Oh and many of those companies have alot of money just hanging around giving them the opportunity to undercut the **** out of mesa or even offer loans to USair... I would say the chances of the creditors and Parker getting a better deal from another carrier are very good. In the end it's only the creditors that matter.

Let's be clear about one more thing. No management wants to pick up your pilot group. They are looking at cost and the intergration issues associated with doing it. Why do that instead of just taking the contracts and airplanes. Capitalism is a beotch sometimes i'm just trying to be realistic. Maybe people are looking at buying Mesa's scrapps if they emerge but that's the last option i'm sure.

No offense to you guys. I honestly don't want anyone to lose their livelyhood but to managements you're just a cost and as in every single case in the airline industry cutting costs is the whole game.
Wow FlyingKangaroo, you are pretty excited and wound up about this whole thing, deep breaths, here’s a paper bag, in…. out…. Good. I especially like the bold red font, nice.

Glad you’re settled down, it’s going to be ok. We are predicting events about a company that we have no idea what’s happening in the court room or board rooms. And we all saw how spot on we all were about the Compass / Mesaba deal, oh wait, that caught us all with our pants around our ankles. Woops.

FlayingKangaroo, I imagine you’ve been an ASA pilot for quite some time? To relish the demise of another airline, another ALPA airline for that matter, shows a pretty deep flaw. Nice FK, real nice. So maybe your smarting from becoming a division of SkyWest, bet that was an interesting evolution.

Let's be clear about one more thing. No management wants to pick up your pilot group. They are looking at cost and the intergration issues associated with doing it.

Tell that to Pinnacle and Tran States.

I don’t work for Mesa but I’ve read all the bashing for years and know that it would have been just a twist of fate for me to fly for them. There are many ways their current situation could go, and we’re all probably way off base.

Last edited by hiplainsdrifter; 07-13-2010 at 08:46 PM.