View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 12:51 PM
cencal83406
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by PCLCREW View Post
Both are great!

Picketing (could be a waste of time, but shows unity)

Taking a serious campaign against 9E mangmnt ( new billboards, newspaper ad's, new stickers etc...)

There has been nothing done for years now. Heck we had our first all pilot call in over a year last month. He should be having all pilot calls once a month. To many of the rank and file it looks like our MEC is a total bunch of wussy's. That might or might not be the case, but how would we know??? The MEC puts nothing out!!!
If tossing SE is what this group needs then so be it. All I hear on the line is how much the 9E union is a bunch of wussy's, and they do nothing but watch all this happen. I defended our union for a long time, but I have stopped, because my mindset is changing too.
The LEC's did put some stuff out and it was better then the past, but this has gone on way to long. The MEC needs to start playing hardball, and if you dont you are going to lose this pilot group... I called to volunteer 3 years ago. I made 4 phone calls, and not one was returned. So I also am tired of hearing... "if you dont like it, volunteer and make a change."
Yeah but remember.... if you don't put more effort into it than that, you probably don't REALLY want to volunteer....

(imho 1 phone call should be enough, whether or not someone picks up)